The weather is warming up and that means it is TIME FOR POPSICLES! Not just any popsicles, though. I’m bringing you boozy popsicles. Adult tested and adult approved. There will be plenty of cocktail inspired popsicles coming your way over the spring and summer, but we are starting off with the madras cocktail. The madras is a simple juice and vodka cocktail featuring vodka, cranberry juice, and orange/citrus juice. Tart and refreshing. Make sure to leave me a comment with your favorite cocktail. You might see it turned into a popsicle!
Why not? Easier to eat poolside and safer to bring than glass bottles. You can also use these popsicles as “ice” in a cocktail! So many options.
- Popsicle Molds – I use Ozera brand
- Measuring cups
- Pitcher for combining liquids
- Wooden spoon
3/4 cup grapefruit vodka
2 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
1/2 cup orange juice
Combine all liquids in large measuring cup or pitcher, Stir well and pour into popsicle molds using a funnel. Place in freezer overnight to set.
Make sure you share your favorite cocktail in the comments. You might see it turned into a fun boozy popsicle!
Boozy Madras Popsicles
Boozy popsicles inspired by the madras cocktail. This cold treat features grapefruit vodka, cranberry and orange juice. Perfect for adults
- Combine all liquids in large measuring cup or pitcher,
- Stir well
- Pour into popsicle molds using funnel
- Place in freezer overnight to set
- To remove from popsicle mold, may have to run under warm water for a few seconds to release suction
- Can use as ice cube in cocktail to create a type of slushie!