Brown butter cookies are amazing on their own – but add in matcha and white chocolate – the cookies skyrocket to perfection. My brown butter cookies with matcha and white chocolate are easy to pull together, egg free, and appropriate for all occasions! Plus, a little jolt of caffeine in your cookies never hurts.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp matcha powder (depending on potency)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp egg replacer
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or more if your heart desires)
- Brown your butter. Add butter to a sauté pan over medium heat and allow to melt. Swirl the pan occasionally. Keep an eye on it as it foams. Once a nutty aroma is noticeable with some amber flakes, remove from heat. Don’t burn the butter! Allow butter to cool slightly before adding to medium mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt in a second mixing bowl. Whisk together to blend.
- Add 2 tbsp egg replacer to small bowl with 4 tbsp water and whisk together. Set aside to firm up for about a minute. While firming up, add the brown sugar to the mixing bowl containing the butter and whisk to combine. Add the egg replacer, vanilla, and almond extract until mixture light and creamy.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and combine with spatula. Before fully combined, fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Use 3 tbsp cookie scoop to put dough on parchment lined baking sheets. Refrigerate scooped dough for 30 to 60 minutes (up to 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350F. While preheating, remove baking sheets from refrigerator. Place dough 2-3 inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes. The cookies will be set on the sides and still soft in the middle. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks.
- This recipe calls for 1 to 2 tbsp matcha depending on potency. Depending on type of matcha, you may need 2 tbsp to have the color and flavor strongly come through
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Matcha, Matcha Cookies, Brown Butter, Egg Free Recipe, Egg Free Cookies