I made a fun cocktail the other day and got the inspiration for this delicious cake. The cocktail was a spiked sparkling cider consisting of white wine, club soda, and Martinelli’s cider (see below).
I really enjoy recipe development. It’s also super fulfilling to see people try out and enjoy my recipes (hint hint)
I’m proud of this one. It’s semi-complex but comes together a lot easier than it reads. Let me know if you give it a go!
Sparkling Cider and Golden Raisin Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Stir melted butter, sugar, and Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and white vinegar. Add sparkling cider and dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in raisins.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place bundt pan on a cookie sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
- Heat the sugar and sparkling cider in a small saucepan over medium heat until it boils. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes in the pan. Carefully invert the cake onto wire rack with parchment paper below to catch drips. Use a pastry brush to brush the sparkling cider glaze over the top of the cake. Let cool completely.
- Make the icing and/or caramel drizzle
- Whisk the melted butter and powdered sugar. Add in sparkling cider. Adjust powdered sugar and cider ratio until reach desired consistency. Frost cake
- Combine brown sugar, butter and almond milk in medium saucepan. Boil until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Drizzle over cake
Store at room temperature for up to 3-4 days (if you don’t eat it all on day 1)
Happy almost Friday! Treat yourself this weekend!