The Reduced-Guilt Snack You’ve Been Waiting For!
Cheese Louise! I never say no to good chips and dip. Pair delicious chips, such as Kibo Food’s lentil chips, with my vegan cheese dip for a crowd pleasing snack. Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
The great thing about this dip is that it will trick the pickiest of eaters into thinking they are eating a true cheese dip, such as Velveeta. The creamy texture is SO similar. Get the satisfaction of a good queso without the heaviness of dairy and the unnecessary sodium. You’re going to love it!
Shoutout to Kibo Foods
I was so happy to partner with Kibo Foods in getting the word out about their delicious lentil chips. The chips are so light and have the perfect crunch! The gluten-free chips are almost 40% less fat than regular potato chips and are also GMO-free and vegan. Kibo’s product is protein rich and truly filling. The brand is fully committed to providing nutritious foods with flavors that can’t be beat. I am OBSESSED with the Maui Onion flavor.
Wait – You’re Not Vegan
Totally will admit that I am not vegan – I’m also not 100% plant based. I love cheese and all things dairy, but dairy doesn’t always love me.
The desire to have a delicious, cheesy dip that didn’t leave me bloated or filled with calorie-guilt motivated me to experiment with vegan alternatives. I figured that, since I was removing dairy, I should remove other allergens as well. Therefore, this dip is gluten free and nut free.
Vegan Cheese Dip
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Can opener
- 1 2/3 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of chili powder
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomato with onion and green pepper
Vegan Cheese Dip Process:
- Combine all ingredients except the diced tomato in medium saucepan and whisk until blended. Place on stovetop over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Take saucepan off heat and let cool for 5 minutes before stirring in diced tomato.
- Serve warm
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days
How to use:
- Serve with chips as delicious dip
- Pour over nachos
- Mix with shells or elbow macaroni for a vegan take on mac and cheese
- **Would be delicious with my foolproof pretzels