This crustless quiche is loaded with a mix of baby portobello mushrooms, shallots, spinach, and a mix of parmesan and feta. The perfect addition to your weekend brunch menu!
- 5 large eggs – doesn’t have to be at room temperature
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms – diced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 shallots – minced
- 5 oz spinach – roughly chopped
- 6 oz shredded parmesan
- 3 oz crumbled feta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9.5 inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick spray. Clean and dry produce. Dice mushrooms and mince garlic and shallots. Roughly chop spinach.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in mushrooms and sauté 5 – 7 minutes until softened. Add in garlic and shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. turn off heat and stir in spinach, feta, and parmesan cheese. Use spatula to evenly distribute mixture into pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour egg mixture over the mushroom mixture in the prepared pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes until fully set. If top is browning too fast, place a piece of aluminum foil lightly on top until fully baked.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. If not eating same day, let cool for 30-35 minutes at room temperature before topping with foil and placing in fridge.
- Good in refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Can modify to add crust if desired
- Can swap in yellow onion for shallots if preferred
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Rest Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Quiche, Crustless Quiche, Gluten Free, Breakfast and Brunch