Are you looking for a quick and easy side dish for your holiday table? I’ve got you covered with this reduced sugar cranberry relish! The relish is loaded with fresh cranberries, apple, pear, orange juice and zest with cinnamon and ginger. The relish has only 1/4 cup sugar and some fresh rosemary to balance out the tartness of the berries. Plus, it all comes together in under 10 minutes! You might need to double the recipe since people will be asking for seconds.
- 16 oz fresh cranberries – rinsed and drained
- 1 small Granny Smith apple – diced
- 1 almost ripe Bosc pear – diced
- Zest of 1/2 large orange
- Juice of 1/2 large orange
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Rinse fresh cranberries in a colander and allow to drain and mostly dry. Remove any mushy cranberries from the bunch. Zest 1/2 of a large orange and slice orange in half. Juice 1/2 of the orange. Remove core and seeds from apple and pear and dice. Remove leaves from rosemary stems. Add the fruit, including orange juice and zest, and rosemary into the food processor. Top with the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and pinch of kosher salt.
- Pulse in food processor until coarsely chopped. Will take a minute or two at most. Check in 30 second increments. Avoid over pulsing. Cranberry relish is meant to be chunky. Use a spatula to transfer from food processor to bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving to allow the juices to blend and flavor to develop even more.
- I recommend an “almost ripe” pear so that it has some crunch. It will get lost in the mixture if too ripe
- Important to pulse in 30 second increments so that you don’t over-pulse. This recipe is meant to be chunky
- Make sure to refrigerate the completed relish for at least an hour – up to 24 hours- before serving so that the juices blend even more
- If looking for even more crunch, add in a stock of celery – chopped – prior to pulsing. The celery blends well with the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry Relish, Side Dish, Holiday Recipe, Festive, Reduced Sugar, Allergen Friendly, No Bake Recipe