One Bowl Recipe Ready in 20 Minutes!
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to be somewhere in an hour and promised to bring cookies…and YOU FORGOT TO MAKE THE COOKIES? Can’t be just me! Instead of rushing to the store, this 20 minute cookie recipe will save the day every time. Quick, one bowl, vegan, AND no refined sugar – perfectly reduced-guilt
It’s Okay to Wing It!
“Winging it” is often a key component of recipe development. An idea comes to mind and then you have to work out ingredients and baking time and hope it all works out. There isn’t always time to try it over and over again. I was incredibly lucky that this recipe worked out the first time. I knew I wanted to make peanut butter cookies without refined sugar and cinnamon was mandatory (I love cinnamon!). The only adjustment that has been made since the initial bake was time in the oven.
Let’s Make Some Cookies:
- Large mixing bowl
- Spoons (metal and wooden)
- Measuring cups
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond flour (spooned and leveled)
1/4 cup all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat to 350F
- Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup in bowl with wooden spoon until creamy and add the two flours, salt, and cinnamon
- Mix with wooden spoon until blended and add chocolate chips, if using
- At this point, use hands to knead the dough to form a ball
5. Break the large ball into 12 equal small balls and place 6 and 6 on two lined cookie sheets. The cookies don’t spread a lot while baking so just leave about an inch in between each ball
6. Take a fork and gently press down in criss cross pattern to flatten into cookie shape.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies’ tops and sides are a golden brown – will harden more while cooling. Let stand for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack.
- Can use all purpose flour for the entire 3/4 cup if do not have almond flour
Looking for more reduced-guilt recipes? Make sure to subscribe below!
Quick Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Cookies
- Preheat to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup in large mixing bowl with wooden spoon until creamy
- Add the two flours, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix with wooden spoon until blended and add chocolate chips, if using
- At this point, use your hands to knead the dough a bit and form a ball
- Break into 12 equal balls and place 6 and 6 on lined cookie sheets (the cookies don’t spread a lot so leave about an inch in between each ball)
- Use a fork to gently press down and form criss cross pattern while flattening into cookie shape
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies’ tops and sides are golden brown. Will continue to harden while cooling
- Rest for 5 minutes on cookie sheets and then cool rest of way on wire rack
- Can use 3/4 all purpose flour if do not have the 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 5 Weigh Watchers Points