Keep your gin up! Things will get better.
I received some unpleasant news this week. It definitely got me down, but I have a fun trip coming up this weekend so that, plus knowing I had fun recipes to share with you, helped pull me out of the funk.
If you are looking for the perfect summer drink, this raspberry and mint gin jammer will hit the spot! Refreshing and always a crowd pleaser at barbecues.
Jamming with Gin
A gin jammer is versatile. Really all you need is your favorite gin, I use Seagram’s, plus a flavorful jam. Bonne Maman is my go to for jammers. I love the natural ingredients used in their jams as well as the flavor profiles.
This is my second gin jammer recipe. Make sure to check out my Blackberry Lemon Gin Jammer as well!
Without Further Ado…
- Cocktail shaker (or a mason jar and lid plus sieve)
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Mason jar glass or coupe
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 5-6 fresh raspberries
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup ice
- Lime slices
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Muddle raspberry and mint together at bottom of serving glass
- Add gin, lime juice, jam, and ice to shaker. Shake for 30 to 45 seconds until very cold and then pour contents (minus ice and any seeds) into serving glass on top of muddled mixture
- Top with club soda and garnish with lime slices
- Best served cold