Egg Cups with Turkey Bacon and Veggies
Are you a breakfast eater? If not, these egg cups will convert you! This easy meal prep breakfast idea comes together in under 35 minutes and is perfect for those on-the-go.
I am not a morning person. I roll out of bed after hitting snooze a few times and rush to get ready for work. Breakfast has to be quick or I’m not going to eat it. For several years, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches were my go-to. Those sandwiches are full of calories and cholesterol and so so processed. I knew I needed to make a change and get healthier breakfast habits. These egg cups solved the issue. All you need are eggs, veggies, and any other fillings you desire (such as turkey bacon). Versatile, healthy, and satisfying!
Cups, Squares, Any Shape You Want!
As you can see, these egg cups can be baked in muffin tins, square brownie tins, or any shaped tin you want. The cups in the muffin tins are great for adding more veggies since taller than the squares. This recipe can work no matter what shape you choose!
Let’s Do This!
- 12 cup muffin tin or shaped tin of your choosing (for squares- use this tin)
- Large measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cooking Spray
- Cutting Board
- 12 large egg whites and 8 yolks
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small green pepper – seeded and diced
- 6 strips turkey bacon
- Any other veggies you desire!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray chosen tin with cooking spray
- Add the 12 large egg whites and 8 yolks into large measuring cup
- Add almond milk, salt, and pepper
- Whisk together until combined (no whole yolks left)
- Pour mixture evenly into the openings in tin
- Remove seeds and dice green pepper
- Evenly divide diced green pepper in openings
- Roughly chop turkey bacon and divide between openings
- Add any other veggies of choice
- Bake for 24-30 minutes depending on thickness of openings in tin (squares vs. cups)
- Eggs will be solid and only have light jiggle
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from tin and serve
- If not serving immediately, let cool for 20 minutes in tin and then remove and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.