Happy National Martini Day! I got this recipe posted under the wire.
This strawberry thyme martini with lemon is a true, gin delight. The freshness of the strawberry and thyme with the tartness of lemon just screams SUMMER.
My favorite part of this cocktail is the fresh strawberry. It is a strawberry juice or cocktail mixer. This recipe calls for fresh strawberry! Same with the lemon juice and thyme. Poo poo on artificial ingredients. No place for those in my drinks. The beautiful color comes from the muddled berries. Seriously, the red color is gorgeous!
Do You Prefer Gin or Vodka in Your Martini?
James Bond drank both! I used to be Team Vodka in my martini, but now I’m all for gin. The botanical flavor of gin makes the drink more complex, whereas vodka has a smoother taste. Truly, it all comes down to personal preference. So, tell me…which do you prefer?
Shake that Martini
- Cocktail shaker
- Muddler or spoon
- Chilled martini glass
- 1/4 cup strawberries – hulled and cut into small pieces
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 oz gin (I use Seagram’s)
- Combine strawberries and thyme at bottom of cocktail shaker and muddle together
- Add lemon juice (seeds okay), gin, and ice
- Shake shake shake until chilled and then pour through sieve into martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry and thyme sprig if desired