It may be hot out there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy cozy and comforting desserts. Imagine you’re in the tropics by adding some vibrant pineapple to your baked goods. This pineapple crisp is juicy and delicious with a spiced oat topping to pull it all together. Add a scoop of ice cream and eat outside on your porch while enjoying the sunshine!
- 3 cups fresh diced pineapple (about 1 pineapple)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, very cold and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F and place rack in the middle. Grease the baking dish with butter. This recipe will work in a 2 to 2 1/2 quart dish depending on desired thickness.
- Prepare your pineapple by removing crown and shell dicing around the core. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, corn starch, and granulated sugar. Add mixture to base of baking dish.
- In second bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and cold butter. Use a pastry cutter or fork to rub in the butter and create a crumbly texture. Top the pineapple with the crumble topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling around the edges.
- Allow the crisp to cool slightly before serving with ice cream or whipped cream topping as desired!
- If using canned or frozen pineapple, add an extra 2 tsp of corn starch to absorb excess moisture.
- You can use plant-based butter if prepare a vegan version
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Family Friendly Recipe, Pineapple, Pineapple Crisp, Pineapple Crumble, Fruit Crisp, Fruit Crumble, Summer Recipe, Dessert, Baked Crumble